Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Obsession or Passion




Knitting can be considered one or the other. I just don't know where I fall. I love creating and designing. Creating Functional Works of art that others will enjoy.

I remember in college when my professor pounded into my head that I needed to tone my color palette down. Since then, I have struggled with what I should do with my palette. I think it's time to stop worrying about what color schemes work in the Midwest and follow my instinct. I should only be concerned with making it work for me. Someone described my pieces as "everyday casual", that really is not me. I want my designs to pack a punch.
These are a safe set of fingerless gloves that I designed.
The cables are slightly larger in one and the ribbing is different but the same effect. This is a good advanced beginner pattern. Safe!
So let's go for the punch......
I love the work of Kaffe Fassett, and Nicole Chazaud.
They are amazing colorist! Not afraid of the impact but confident in their design sense.
Exactly what I want to be when I grow up.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

KnittingBlogsGroupTwo
Join List Previous Next
Random
Powered by RingSurf