Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby Hats and Mural Design

I am officially done at school. My classroom is packed and waiting for the construction workers to come in and do what they need to do. I was in on Monday and finished putting things away, turned off the lights, locked the door and decided not to worry or come back till August. It is not worth stressing over since I have no control over when they will be done.
So, it's time to rest and knit...
There seems to be an invasion of baby hats. I can't seem to stop making them.
I started with the regular beanie and have moved on to stripes.

Now they are growing into forms from nature...


It can is therapeutic to just knit stockinette forms but now...
inspiration and complicated designs.

But before I continue knitting I really need to go to my daughter's new house and paint two murals for my grandsons. I have already painted the walls, one room is green and one is blue, Off course we had to complicate things by asking them what color and what design they wanted. Her oldest(6 years old) wanted a bright blue room and he wants a forest on his mural wall. Interesting because when he was born I painted a dresser in an underwater scene. I guess that could be a pond in his forest. Her youngest son(3 years old) picked a bright green paint and he wants dinasours on his wall. I am just thankful he didn't pick star wars caracters, he loves them. So dinasours it is. The dresser I painted for him when he was born has an Alaskan animal scene. Polar bears, seals penguins etc... and how this all going to work I don't know. I am just going over to do the drawing this morning and let inspiration take over.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

KnittingBlogsGroupTwo
Join List Previous Next
Random
Powered by RingSurf